Thursday, February 21, 2008

Possibly the worst day ever...and I havent even been to work yet....

Ah...the joys of having a shitty fricking day.

I go to sleep around 3:30 am due to the fact that I am sadly and pathetically obsessed with Big Brother and have signed up for the live online feed. Scoff at me. Laugh. I dont give a damn.
I have to awaken at 8 to get ready for work. Little do I know, that for some reason God has it out for me and decided I shouldnt fall asleep until around 5:30.

I wake up finally, walk towards the kitchen to get a glass of orange juice. I move towards one of my six cats to pet it good morning. It falls off the couch, slides to the floor. Begins dragging itself across the floor with it's front paws, it's hind legs just dragging behind it. At this point, I of course begin freaking out. I call my pharmacist to let her know that I may be a little late, Ill have to drop beloved kitty off at the vet. I call my stepfather (whom I live with) and tell him what's going on. He is yelling at me like *I* beat the cat, and I'm the reason it "has a broken back and will have to be put to sleep"
Ummmm...not quite. So me and kitty load up in the car and head off to the vets office.

Apparently, it had a thrombo emboli. A blood clot became trapped between 2 blood vessels and made her lose all blood and oxygen flow to the back portion of her body. Essentially, from mid back to her tail, she was dead. She'd have no quality of life, and would need to be put to sleep.
I had been crying since 9 am this morning, and have barely stopped yet.

THEN, I realize....my wallet has been stolen, I have split ends, and I'm dreading going to work today because our lead tech is out sick. My pharmacist and I had a very serious conversation yesterday evening regarding the attitudes of certain other technicians at our store.
I can't wait to hear that outcome....only thing I am looking forward to.

No comments: