Wednesday, February 27, 2008

If I spray pure rubbing alcohol on my hands one more time...they're likely to fall off.

Ahhhh...the joy of working in a pharmacy...

The hack.

The cough.

The tightening chest.

The rolling over in bed in the morning and groaning because you know eighty people are going to yell, cuss, cough on you, basically just be ASSHOLES.


If one more person hands me a prescription and answers me with "NOW!" for the pick-up time, I cannot be held responsible for what I may do or say.


Onto other matters, I fully understand that it takes a while to learn a pharmacy computer system. I fully understand that it may be difficult to some people that the concept of "Name. D/O/B. Address" can take a few weeks to learn....but DAMN.

We have recently hired a new girl to replace one of my fave fellow techs while she's on maternity leave, but it's going to be pretty hard to do. She's like talking to a brick wall.

You know the kind of people that you try to avoid as much as possible because they're soooo fricking weird?
That's her, without a doubt.
She says the most off the wall stuff that would BLOW YOUR MIND. The kind of stuff that as soon as you hear it, everyone in listening range turns towards one another and makes this "raised eyebrows, eyes bug out, grotesque facial expression" to signify to one another that she's possibly the most ridiculous person on the planet and should never be allowed to speak again.

And the thing that absolutely makes me want to breathe fire each time she does it....
She takes a rx from drivethru, brings it over to drop off...waves it within an inch or two of my face and says "HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE???"

I want to break her hand.

I have two of the most amazingly wonderful and nice pharmacists on the planet who will go out of the way for anyone, and THEY LOOOOOOOOOATHE HER.
Makes me quite happy to know I'm not alone.

No comments: