Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Update on the new girl...and my sickness.

Well, I had my first experience at Urgent Care on Thursday afternoon. That was a blast.

Let's see the process...

Walk in door, use hand sanitizer.

Take clipboard with number on the top of it, fill out the general info.
*name, dob, address, social, signature for HIPAA*
Use hand sanitizer.

Sit in a completely packed waiting room for 30 mins while anxiously anticipating your number to be called. Use hand sanitizer each time the nasty, smelly, medicaid abusing person next to me sneezes. I wanted to squirt it up my noooooose.

Finally get called to the stupid window. Speak to a nurse who looks as if she's been raped with the ugly stick...then beaten with a few good bouts of the crud. Get three more pieces of paper to fill out. Use more hand sanitizer when I've returned to my chair...

Sit for another HOURRRRR...just waiting for them to call me to the back.

The nurse who helped me in the back was absolutely fabulous. Possibly the nicest person Ive ever met in my life. She writes down all my symptoms and then leaves me.

The doctor comes in about thirty minutes later. Seriously, I understand it's busy. But there's four other doctors and two Nurse Practitioners.

He listens to my lungs, writes two Rx's and walks out the door.

That's it.

What the fuck?


***********************************

And in regards to the new girl. She has reached a new level of weird, psychotic, and completely tragic.

I'm sitting in a chair minding my own business, eating lunch...and she sits on my lap and says "Omg, I want a Malibu Barbie, and a pony..."
At which point in time, I look at her and say "get the hell off of me"


ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

No comments: