Sunday, September 9, 2007

Oh the drama!!

some people make me sick...

So today I'm minding my own business, typing in prescriptions and a old lady tries to drop off a prescription for her elderly aunt. I tell her it's going to be about an hour or so and she says she'll come back then. As soon as she walks away, one of my favorite customers walks up. She's Muslim, and she's one of the sweetest people I've ever met in my life. She wears the full muslim garb, the long black dress and the face covering. Her 15 year old daughter wears the dress and just the headdress with no face covering. They drop off the prescription and I take care of them because they're waiting in the store.

A few minutes later the first lady comes back and says she's going to wait in the store also. So they go over to the pickup window while my nice customer sits down in the chairs by drop off.
Everyone is minding their own business for a little while, and it's really really busy. There's about 10 people in the lobby waiting and all of a sudden the lady gets up from her chair, walks across the pharmacy and tells the Muslim lady (i absolutely hate calling her that, but i cant say her name) that she and her daughter are terrorists and that they're stupid. That they need to go back to their own country and that they dont need to be dressed that way, and that they have no respect for anyone.

All the customers are hearing this, everyone back there heard it, and yet she didnt say or do anything. She just sat there, and let that bitch say those things to her.
My boss told the other woman to get out of the pharmacy and not to come back. I walked up to her and apologized for everything and told her that she shouldnt have to deal with that. And she took my hand, told me that it's okay, that she loves me, and that someone like that will always believe that and nothings going to change it... It upsets me so much that she's so used to people saying things that like, it doesnt even phase her. It makes me sick to my stomach that someone has to live their life that way. She gets ridiculed and harrassed every place she goes, all because of what she believes in. She's an amazing woman, and without a doubt, has more respect from me than that uneducated hick.

No comments: