Sunday, September 9, 2007

to whomever watched the 20/20 pharmacy thing that absolutely infuriated me...

I posted this on the drugnazi.com website::

I just finished watching the 20/20 episode on YouTube and I'm livid. I'm a certified tech and I've been working in a pharmacy for almost 3 years. It amazes me how the could blame the technician on the overdoses. Regardless of whether or not she typed in the Rx, it IS the pharmacist's job to be sure it's 100% correct. It's not just the pharmacists who are getting overworked, as I'm sure everyone here knows. I have worked MANY MANY 80 hour work weeks and most of the time off the clock because the company doesnt want us to have overtime so we break their budget. They took hours from us and we were struggling badly...and now our Rx count has gone up by over 150 scripts a day and they are trying to take MORE from us. I love my job because I get to help people, but big corpo really needs to start fucking helping us, especially since we're the ones fielding the questions and accusations about that damn TV show. It's bullshit. And the whole "waiving your right for counseling??"...OMG. I almost threw something. That's why when they ask you "Do you have any questions for the pharmacist about your medication??" you're supposed to say "yes"

Some wonderful person responded this to my post::
Don't let yourself be abused. Stand & speak up! Why would you want to work off the clock? I work for Walgreens, and we are never allowed to work off the clock, we just accumulate overtime. If you 'help them' off the clock on the limited budget, the manager will never know that they need to hire more schedule and help them.Just say 'no' to working overtime off the clock, and go home in the middle of a chaos. What are they going to do? Fire you? If they are that busy, they dearly need you, and you did nothing wrong legally.

Geeee. I wonder why I never thought of that! oh wait!! I have!! and ive bitched about it every fucking day for like everrrrrrr...

No comments: