Friday, September 14, 2007

So...there's this woman whom I loathe...

She is the epitome of crackhead. If you look up crackhead in the dictionary, her picture is right beside it.

So onto the situation, she comes through the drivethru and asks me to fax a P.A. request to her Dr's office to get her Fentanyl patches covered. She says "that lady over there (she points to another tech) told me yesterday it's not covered and I need you to do something about it."

I go and ask the other tech what's going on and she explains to me that when her rx was billed Medicare kicked us back with a "prior auth/pharmacist call help desk" reject. She called the help desk and they said they will not cover the drug AT ALL even if the Dr calls or faxes for the P.A.

Great, now I have to explain to Cracky McCrackhead that her Fentanyl isn't going to be paid for.
Yay. And I look at her profile: oxycodone, lidoderm, Xanax (brand of course), trazodone, and Darvocet. That's all. And all on an exact 28 days schedule. Period. It's amazing that this woman can move.

I calmly try to tell her the situation and of course I get yelled at for about 5 mins that I'm stupid and have no idea what I'm talking about. So just to shut her up, I smile sweetly and say "Ma'am. I will be more than happy to fax this information to your Dr's office. But I want you to remember this conversation when they call to tell you that you wont be able to have the medication. Have a good day!" And I spin on one hell and walk away from the drive thru.

I hear a horn honk behind my while I'm fuming. I can't help it. I turn to the drive thru. She screams "FUCK YOU", gives me the bird, then hauls ass.

God I love my job.

No comments: